KidsCare of the Rockies is a pediatric palliative and hospice program that provides compassionate and comprehensive care to children and their families living with a life-limiting illness.
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by providing your child and family with the comfort and support they need in difficult times. We primarily provide in home services to allow children to be surrounded by their closest loved ones in a familiar and comfortable environment, seeking to honor wishes and inspire hope for families. With the help of palliative care, a child and their family can grow closer together towards a happier and more meaningful quality of life.
We care for infants to young adults with a life-limiting illness such as heart disease, lung disease, neurological disorders, inborn errors of metabolism, neuromuscular disease, cancers, and congenital anomalies.
Pediatric Palliative Care Professionals, Treatments, and Therapies
KidsCare of the Rockies provides a comprehensive team of pediatric professionals to administer children’s palliative care. Our multidisciplinary team of caring staff consists of the following:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Nurses specialized in pediatric care
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Child Life Specialist
Most insurance plans allow a child to receive curative treatment and therapies while in hospice and palliative care. We work collaboratively with your current medical team and provide additional layers of care and support. Some of these include:
- Massage Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Respite Care
- Sibling and Family Support
- Dare to Dream Program (not to replace Make a Wish)
- End of life and hospice care
- Pain, symptom, and medication management
- 24/7 On-Call support
- In-home assessments to reduce medical visits outside the home
- Healthcare navigation and application assistance
- Care coordination of medication, equipment and supplies delivered directly to the home
- Child Life Services including therapeutic play, expressive art, medical play and teaching, fun and memorable activities for the patient and family
- Counseling for emotional needs and grief support
- Volunteer services
- Assistance with determining goals of care and based on the disease trajectory
- Help with courageous conversations about treatment plans
How We Can Help
If you or a loved one are seeking compassionate, supportive pediatric palliative care services, contact KidsCare of the Rockies for more information on how you can improve the quality of life for both your child and family.